- Hubby got a cell phone - quite a nice one, too. Kind of like a cheapo version of a blackberry I think, that has WIFI calling.
- Hubby signed up for At&t Go Phone which is like $10 a month.
- We canceled our long distance - this was the cause of the whole problem in the first place. How can they charge so much? Ridiculous!
- We couldn't cancel all phone service - that's how we get our Internet, since we aren't cable subscribers.
- We discovered WFRN's Phone Friend - they have a $10 plan and the minutes get rolled over, and the service is way better. I thought they had a referral program, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
- Our Wifi phone has free calling anywhere there is free Internet: our house!, the library, many airports, coffee shops, etc.
- I can log onto Google Calendar from anywhere! - We just figured out google calendar, and we set up one account for our whole family, so I can update info, and my Hubby can see it on his calendar at work, our calendar at home, or my phone.
- This may revolutionize my grocery shopping. - No, I can't just call home like my mom does and ask the poor sucker that answers the phone what we have in the fridge. I mean, I can make a list on our computer, and have it show up on my phone!
I am still looking into ways that I can enter the price of food from different stores, that will tell me where the cheapest place to buy a certain item might be. Or if something is on sale, is it really a good stock-up-for-winter sale, or just a so-so buy-an-extra-to-have-on-hand-for-company-kind of sale. So if any of you know of anything like that let me know. I would hate to invest unneeded time on excel.
So now I have to admit that I love my new phone. Thanks Babe, I love you.
I just have to promise to not become one of those people. You know the ones. The cell phone talkers...
This has been linked in to Things I love Thursday at the Diaper Diaries