Let me introduce you to my tools:
- The soap - squirted on #2 - Yep, I only use soap to clean the toilets.
- The toilet brush - If I swish and swipe every day (or every other day if I get lazy) there is no build up, and no need for strong or expensive chemicals
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - I use this sponge to scrub down my shower walls - WHILE I AM STILL SHOWERING! It is just another excuse to stay in the hot shower one minute longer. When it gets done at every shower, there is no build up. Amazing. I could probably get away with just soap, but I like how Mr. Clean gets the orange residue off my white grout.
- Cleaning Wipes - I just swipe off the counters and then sometimes the toilet seat or maybe the floor, or even the drawer handles. I am just finishing up this free pack that I got with a coupon, and then I will probably go back to the baby wipes with vinegar. I probably could use a wash cloth here, and save some money, but this is my one area where it is just nice to throw it away.
- Spray bottle - Just a spritz of water on the mirrors, and they are ready to shine.
- Microfiber cloth - wipe down the mirrors and shine up the faucets. I like to use the cleaning wipes on the faucets first, since they tend to be germy, but then I can shine it up with the microfiber cloth.
All of this takes me less than 3 minutes, plus I love what I am teaching my kids about cleaning and money.
- You don't have to spend the big bucks on cleaning supplies
- You don't have to pay someone to do something that should only take 3 minutes
- Sometimes having the right tools makes the difference in doing a good job
- Not only can they do this for themselves, but they could do it for pay for someone else
- Doing a little bit every day, makes a big job seem small
- Sometimes the easier solution actually is the better solution, too: for the environment, pocketbook, and your own health and safety
Thanks to Flylady for the swish and swipe tip and the scrub and tub. they have revolutionized my time in the bathroom.
This tip has been linked in to Works for Me at We are that Family. Check it out for more cleaning tips.