I believe that kids are responsible for the upkeep of their own rooms, so most of the things will be considered chores. Many things I currently do for my kids, but as they get older they will take over these responsibilities.
- changing their sheets
- making their beds
- putting away dirty clothes
- putting away clean clothes
- putting away books and toys
- dusting the floor
- setting out clean clothes
These are the things that I would (and may have already) pay for:
- changing a siblings sheets - right now the boys aren't old enough to do it themselves, so Miss Love is helping me, by taking off old sheets. We are still working on getting the new ones on.
- Putting siblings clothes away - see note above.
- removing spider webs - this is usually just a once in a while job
- cleaning window
- mopping the floor - I like to really clean the wood floors with water once or twice a year
I think it is okay for kids to pay each other to do things, or essentially trade chores, but we haven't had the opportunity to try out this theory.